Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2011, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanza2000 View Post
The inablitily of virus and malware to get on your computer.
you can do that now by setting the Admin settings high and not allowing any downloads and also auto updating all of your software security
Old April 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
you can do that now by setting the Admin settings high and not allowing any downloads and also auto updating all of your software security
Or stop using Internet Explorer and run Firefox and Ad Block or even better just setup Sandboxie to contain your browser.
Old April 18, 2011, 12:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ability to to use dual monitors with out having to alt tab out of a full screen program to use the second monitor
Old April 18, 2011, 12:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Like the ISO and 7z/archiving suggestions. Also liked the 'advanced' options to deselect features you don't want, instead of relying too much on utilities.

1. PDF reader, writer, and printer (I think a reader is coming, but I want moar)
2. Full, differential, and Incremental backups with scheduling
3. More extensive codec support out of the box
Fold for team #54196
Old April 18, 2011, 12:53 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Agreed...while UAC is not bullet-proof, it was a step in the right direction when it was first introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Or stop using Internet Explorer and run Firefox and Ad Block or even better just setup Sandboxie to contain your browser.
Good call on Sanboxie. I absoultly love this program. I've been running it on my system for quite a while and I'm very happy with it. I set it up on my grandma's PC (WinXP) about a year ago since she has a habbit of clicking on pretty much anything that blinks. No suprise she ends up with all kinds of crap on her computer. Since I setup Sandboxie, she's had ZERO issues with any sort of malware.
Old April 19, 2011, 02:59 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
I will like to have the ability to mount an ISO files in the DVD like we do in VM without installing third party software
This is exactly the kind of thing that is killing small software companies in general...
Old June 5, 2011, 10:52 PM
Rookie

I would like to see some good features like 3d, and also i want inbound antivirus for the lifetime, which will assure the security of the system. Also it should carry a complete guide for the users to solve the technical problems.

e signature

Last edited by martincrow; January 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old June 7, 2011, 04:22 PM
Rookie

Would like some better native multi-monitor support. i.e windows toolbar that extends across monitors and have windows corresponding to the monitor clickable on it.