Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30, 2011, 05:29 PM
MVP

Default Looking for some mac friendly editing software

Recently with the purchase of my new Mac iv went strait in terms of software, all legitimate and payed for, unfortunately this means no more Photoshop, and thats a big issue, as in my free time I shoot and edit quite a bit.

Currently iv been looking for a non expensive alternative, and found a few:
- Photoshop Elements - $100
- Pixelmator - $60
- Few other ones in the $50 range

Im curious if anyone has hands on experience with any of these programs? And if they could recommend me which to purchase.

I am also looking for a program to build fliers (I do a bit of that for a business I support, they will be covering cost), and as stuff like publisher is not existant in the MSoffice Mac suite im also at a loss. Does anyone know any programs that will do that job (perhaps not pages, it looks like id have to buy that, then a pile of packs ontop to get decent themes, id much prefer a more open setup.).

Thanks so much!

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock