Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2011, 06:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default (Solved) Can't Seem to fix this problem????

I had microsoft security essentials installed, but it won't let me boot it up anymore.
I go to open it and it just shuts off. People said it was malware on my computer. I downloaded malwarebytes and it got rid of 7 infections. Still can't figure this out. Any advice would be much appreciated.

This happened like 30 mins after I installed Nero.
Name:  A.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  68.4 KB

When I go to turn it on I get this message
Name:  B.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  71.5 KB

I went on bunch of other forums to see if there was a solution for the problem.
They said go here and turn security center to automatic and press start
Name:  C.png
Views: 174
Size:  101.5 KB

This is what happens when I do that
Name:  D.png
Views: 159
Size:  148.5 KB

Last edited by bvsbutthd101; March 22, 2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old March 21, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Are you in The Adnmin acount ?
Old March 21, 2011, 06:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Are you in The Adnmin acount ?
yes, I'm the admin. I only have one account on my computer. I edit my post check the top.
Old March 21, 2011, 06:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i removed this junk program almost as soon as i put it in.
many hassles with it. if you use utorrent at all you will be deleting this program as fast as possible
Old March 21, 2011, 06:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would download highjack this and run it have it set to safe file once that file is saved go to the highjackthis site and upload the file and then check the online analysis to see whats upwhat is actually running on your PC it will help you allot . HijackThis Logfileauswertung
Old March 21, 2011, 06:46 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I would download highjack this and run it have it set to safe file once that file is saved go to the highjackthis site and upload the file and then check the online analysis to see whats upwhat is actually running on your PC it will help you allot . HijackThis Logfileauswertung
I did it, everything was very safe or safe
Old March 21, 2011, 06:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Here's some links that might help: Can not turn on Windows Security Center Service - Windows 7 Forums

and another: Can't turn on Windows Security Center Service - Windows 7 Forums

These are from Sevenforums.com

Hope these help.
Old March 21, 2011, 07:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikemaul View Post
Here's some links that might help: Can not turn on Windows Security Center Service - Windows 7 Forums

and another: Can't turn on Windows Security Center Service - Windows 7 Forums

These are from Sevenforums.com

Hope these help.
i tried everything in these forms. Still no go. I even tried to do repair install but when I go to do it it says my windows has to recent of a version. So i tried unstalling service pack 1, won't let me to do that either.
Any other suggestions?
Old March 21, 2011, 09:36 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post
I downloaded malwarebytes and it got rid of 7 infections. Still can't figure this out. Any advice would be much appreciated.

This happened like 30 mins after I installed Nero.
What malware were removed by Malwarebytes and what's the source of Nero?

With a system that has was infected, the most likely cause is that not all malicious codes have been removed or not all the damage has been repaired. Malwarebytes is a pretty good cleaner but it's not and never will be 100%, some malware are impossible to remove when the OS is running.

Have you tried running system restore from a safe boot. Boot into Safe mode with command prompt and enter "rstrui.exe" to start system restore. It should resolve problems caused by a bad software installation or hosed registry.

Start your computer in safe mode

If you cannot restore the system to an earlier point or the restore doesn't resolve the problem, then you may want to go to the following forums that specializes in malware removal and see if if your system is still infected.

Am I infected? What do I do? - BleepingComputer.com

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal - Geeks to Go Forums

5 Star Support Forums - Free Computer Help

If you want to try cleaning up the system yourself I can give you a list of cleaners, but unless you're experience with malware removal I strongly recommend that you visit one of the malware removal forums above.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:21 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCV44.2223 View Post
What malware were removed by Malwarebytes and what's the source of Nero?

With a system that has was infected, the most likely cause is that not all malicious codes have been removed or not all the damage has been repaired. Malwarebytes is a pretty good cleaner but it's not and never will be 100%, some malware are impossible to remove when the OS is running.

Have you tried running system restore from a safe boot. Boot into Safe mode with command prompt and enter "rstrui.exe" to start system restore. It should resolve problems caused by a bad software installation or hosed registry.

Start your computer in safe mode

If you cannot restore the system to an earlier point or the restore doesn't resolve the problem, then you may want to go to the following forums that specializes in malware removal and see if if your system is still infected.

Am I infected? What do I do? - BleepingComputer.com

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal - Geeks to Go Forums

5 Star Support Forums - Free Computer Help

If you want to try cleaning up the system yourself I can give you a list of cleaners, but unless you're experience with malware removal I strongly recommend that you visit one of the malware removal forums above.
Tried a system restore. It only let me restore back to when I installed nero. So was still on my computer. I tried restoring it even further. I'm an idiot, I had my computer backed up and i deleted the backup off my hard drive and stop the automatic backup so I can't go any further.

I'll try those websites and if they don't help. I might just put a fresh copy of windows on.