Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2008, 07:00 PM
Top Prospect

Default F6 driver for Abit IP35 Pro

So I checked it out, and after wondering why my OS wouldn't install, I came to the conclusion that I needed a driver when I read about it.. First off, I gotta SATA2 500GB Western Digital HDD from DC. Also, I don't have a floppy drive in my new PC.
Old January 17, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Huh? That sounds weird? Is the XP/Vista Cd in the drive? You only need the F6 driver if you want to install RAID (if you have multiple drives). Check your BIOS to see if you're booting from your CD/DVD drive!
Old January 17, 2008, 07:23 PM
Top Prospect

I am booting from my CD drive, It's XP Ultimate.. It goes through a whole list of things on the bottom of the screen, then it goes to ''Setup is Starting Windows'' and then it black screens and goes back to blue and gives me an error.. For some reason photobucket isn't letting me upload the picture..
Old January 17, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

You don't need those drivers UNLESS your SATA is setup as AHCI or RAID in the bios.
Old January 17, 2008, 07:26 PM
Top Prospect

Okay, how do I switch it to just.. not do that? haha

In my OnChip Sata Device menu in Integrated Peripherals.. It's set to enabled enabled and then IDE.. still no dice.

Last edited by SpateD; January 17, 2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old January 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

"It's XP Ultimate"

XP Ultimate.....THE BEST OF XP WITH THE NEWEST OF VISTA !! Now for sale at your local re- and e-tailer.....LOL

Ps. See if you can make up what the error is and just write it down for us...

Last edited by Prof. Dr. Silver; January 17, 2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old January 17, 2008, 07:57 PM
Top Prospect

Well I had to completely reset Safari, but here it is.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...6/DSCN1338.jpg
Old January 17, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

K...this is what Microsoft says; It might be:

1. Boot-Sector Viruses

You may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message if your computer is infected with a boot-sector virus. If the problem is intermittent and you can start Windows, check your computer for viruses. If you find a virus, also check any floppy disks for viruses before you use them again.

2. Device Driver Issues

You may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message in the following scenarios:
•A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is not configured to start during the startup process.
•A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted.
•Information in the Windows XP registry (information related to how the device drivers load during startup) is corrupted. Windows XP requires a miniport driver to communicate with the hard disk controller that is used to start your computer. If Windows XP does not supply a device driver for your controller or if Windows XP is using a corrupted or incompatible driver, you must replace the driver with a valid copy that is compatible with your controller and Windows XP.

3. Hardware Issues

You may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message if there is a resource conflict between the boot controller and another controller or between SCSI devices. You may also receive this Stop error message if drive translation is not being performed or if drive translation was changed. To troubleshoot this issue:

1.If an IRQ or I/O port address conflict exists between the boot controller and another controller, Windows XP either stops responding (hangs) or displays a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message. If you recently added new hardware, remove the new hardware or reconfigure it so that it does not conflict with the resources of any other installed controllers.

2.If you are using a SCSI hard disk, check the SCSI chain for correct termination. Remove any unused SCSI devices or make sure that each SCSI ID is unique.

3.Make sure that drive translation is turned on (if it is required) and that it has not been changed. For example, if you recently switched controllers, this issue may occur. For additional information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 314082 (You receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP system disk to another computer) You receive a Stop 0x0000007b error after you move the Windows XP system disk to another computer

4. Other Issues

Other potential causes of a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message include:

•The boot volume is corrupted and cannot be initiated by Windows XP. If the file system is corrupted and if Windows XP cannot initiate the boot volume during the startup process, either move the drive to another computer that is running Windows XP and run the chkdsk command on that drive or try to create a parallel installation of Windows XP on the drive (in a separate folder). The Windows XP Setup program checks the integrity of the volume before it copies files, and it may fix some problems in the process.

See if this helps you a little....Knowing your setup is brand new....I don't think it is number 1.... But that doesn't help you much does it? See if someone else here can figure it out...
Old January 17, 2008, 08:10 PM
Top Prospect

I actually read this exact same thing, and it honestly... doesn't mean anything to me... I mean I don't know how I would be able to tell.. for any of it. If someone can say do this and this.. I could understand it. lol
Old January 17, 2008, 08:33 PM
Top Prospect

If anyone has any ideas, let me know, I wanna get this puppy running tonight.