Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2011, 08:50 AM
Allstar

Default Windows Password recovery

Hi, dad mess up something with his password and do not remember it, I don't want to reinstall windows 7 , so I would like to know if some mebers experiences this software, I'm not concern with the price but more with free crapware that came with a such software

thanks

Windows Password Recovery| Recover Windows Administrator Password | Windows Password Reset | Lost Windows Password
Old February 22, 2011, 09:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Look at Hiren's Boot CD, it has password wipe / recovery tools on it. I've used it at work to delete logon passwords on our computers when someone forgets or gets terminated.

Hiren's BootCD 13.1 - All in one Bootable CD www.hiren.info
Old February 22, 2011, 10:07 AM
Allstar

Thanks Sugar..... I use this Nt password changer include on Hiren's disk on XP before, was shure it will not work with 7, password reset now.
By the way , this windows mini xp on the disk, very usefull, can we install it on the HD of an old PC is it legal ?
Old February 22, 2011, 10:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My personal favourite:
OPH Crack
Old February 22, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

do you care if it's legal? just sayin...
Old February 22, 2011, 10:29 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
do you care if it's legal? just sayin...

Yes I care, because I don'T want to talk abot something We should't ...... so my question was more can we talk about it here...
Old February 22, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The miniXP is not to install. It is only there for troubleshooting abilities. That is the idea anyways.

Old February 22, 2011, 06:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
The miniXP is not to install. It is only there for troubleshooting abilities. That is the idea anyways.
And really, I think using a Live CD of Linux is far more effective. XP was never designed to run live and it's performance is lackluster.

If you need a live Windows environment, all I'd use would be Windows PE 3.0/3.1. With a bit of effort, you could add in a bunch of portable apps to it for troubleshooting purposes. And at least WinPE is free and legal from MS.
Old September 7, 2011, 11:45 AM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
Hi, dad mess up something with his password and do not remember it, I don't want to reinstall windows 7 , so I would like to know if some mebers experiences this software, I'm not concern with the price but more with free crapware that came with a such software

thanks

Windows Password Recovery

The Windows Password Recovery would have been a great product, but the owner(s) choose to not answer their emails. When I encountered a tech issue, they would not answer.

Screw these guys.
Old September 7, 2011, 12:41 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

OPH Crack is the way to go. I have yet to have any success with Hiren's Boot CD.