Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 Stopped Showing Korean Characters. Can Show Japanese and Chinese

This is weird. All of the computers run Windows 7 whether it be Home Premium or Ultimate, and all of them don't have any additional language packs installed. For some reason, my own Windows 7 computer decided to stop showing Korean characters while it can show traditional Chinese and Japanese characters just fine. Thinking the file names got corrupted, I typed in the Korean characters again but it stil doesn't work still and all I see are rectangular blocks. Is there a way to get this fixed? I had this problem before, but nothing a computer restart wouldn't solve.

Last edited by geokilla; January 21, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old January 21, 2011, 06:33 PM
MVP
F@H

Possibly your font file was corrupt. Check the font files (I don't know which one is the Korean Font).

Possibly you could remove and re-install to verify.

New Fonts in Windows 7
Old January 21, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can't find anything related in the font files there.
Old January 21, 2011, 08:48 PM
MVP
F@H

A quick perusal of a few sites, my guess would be that your Windows language settings control what fonts are used. Go into Control Panel -> Fonts -> Font Settings and see if there are any settings that you can alter.

Or try some of the links here at the Microsoft Social Site:
How to restore Windows 7 default fonts.

If that doesn't work, try installing one of the many Korean Fonts that are available:
Free foreign language fonts - Download foreign language fonts for Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Japanese Khmer Korean Latvian
Old January 22, 2011, 08:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Problem solved by doing the following:

Can't display chinese and korean fonts - Page 2 - Windows 7 Forums