Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Recover Deleted Files (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/39942-recover-deleted-files.html)

geokilla January 16, 2011 10:50 PM

Recover Deleted Files

Does anyone know how a good program to recover deleted files? Basically I had some files backed up using Titanium Backup on my computer for my Galaxy S, but I stupidly deleted it in the Recycle Bin, and now I need to recover them so I can restore the data using Titanium Backup.

ilya January 16, 2011 11:08 PM

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Never used it but I hear it's one of the better freeware programs. Besides, you should get working on recovering it fast, last thing you want is for random Windows disk thrashing to overwrite the sector the file was in.

geokilla January 17, 2011 05:10 PM

Doesn't look like I can recover the files. There goes my angry birds, Unblock me free, etc. :(

McDown January 27, 2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geokilla (Post 475267)
Does anyone know how a good program to recover deleted files? Basically I had some files backed up using Titanium Backup on my computer for my Galaxy S, but I stupidly deleted it in the Recycle Bin, and now I need to recover them so I can restore the data using Titanium Backup.

If you are still looking for a program to recover your files I can suggest GetDataBack.
I was able to recover every single file (including folders structure) from accidentally formatted drive.

Tril January 27, 2011 04:13 PM

I recommend GetDataBack for NTFS too. Best purchase ever for me. I was able to recover almost everything on a 2TB HDD with the directories and filenames intact after the MBR or MFT (don't remember the correct term) and its backup got corrupted.

Otherwise there's PhotoRec that's free but it might recover less files and it will probably not recover the directories and filenames. That's what I tried first before GetDataBack but it was too much of a mess (very close to impossible) to try to sort 2TB of unnamed files.

martincrow October 21, 2011 01:04 AM

Thanks for your recommendations, i am also searching for an program which can be helpful in recovery of deleted files, it is good that you people give me advice to download these programs. Can i download them for free.

electronic signatures

danny25 January 31, 2012 02:35 AM

Hi

You can use Data Recovery Software in order to recover your lost or deleted files from the system. With the help of the software you can be able to recover audio, video, picture and document from the memory card. A month ago, I accidentally deleted some of my important pictures and video from my memory card. Later, my friend suggested me to use Remo Recover (Windows) - Media software from which I was able to get back all of my deleted data back. You can also recover files from corrupted SD card. You can download the demo version and just check for the recovery results.

jtktam January 31, 2012 06:18 AM

+1 for getdataback

the best i have used

-joe