Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2011, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default little 7 help

Ok well i use to do this all the time in xp but it's been real long since i did it and have never done it in 7.

When plugging in a headset with mic to the front mic and speaker jack ( you know the 3.5mm one ) how in the hell do i get the back 3.5mm speaker jack to use a different device ( ie like speakers playing music ) maybe i use to use an stand alone soundcard can't remember it's been real long time any help would be great.
Old January 10, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

right click your speaker icon in tray then left playback devices then highlight what you want to use then click SET default Botton
Old January 10, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya that's not working what i mean is it shows my default as my speakers but it does not give me any options to select front or back audio out for headphones and mic which is why i am lost. it shows the front mic in recording and the mic works i am just getting no other options to separate that head phone from speakers.

edit ok this may be the problem it's not show headphones at all it's just transferring the audio to what it thinks is a front set of speakers and cuts off the rear audio. really annoying
Old January 10, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok well this seem to be a via hdaudio problem so not really sure how to fix. sucks cause this is so damn easy in realtech software controller but i can't set the jacks manually in creative x-fi for some reason what the hell.
Old January 10, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

have updated drivers

asrock H55-Mpro: VIAŽ VT1718S

msi P55a-g55: Realtek ALC892

both pick HD audio

after reloading drivers also need to name that device, change icon to headset for it thinks is stereo spkr set
Old January 10, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't Know if there is an option to play differnt streems on front and rear jacks.

when you first load Win 7 there is an option that is shut doun rear adio if front speekes are in use or play sounds though boath. I cant find anywere to change this after the fist selection.

I have not found a way to play two differnt \ adio streems

You can play multipe sorces into one adio streem.
Old January 10, 2011, 07:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok well i have the Maximus III Gene and form what i can tell i have the most up to date drivers and still no joy. driving me nuts this should be a walk in the park i mean i just did what i wanted to do on another pc in my house that running realtech it's very easy in the software to select what jack is doing what yet with the via chips i get no features what so every even in the creative x-fi software there's no jack assignments,why is what i am wondering
Old January 10, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
I don't Know if there is an option to play differnt streems on front and rear jacks.

when you first load Win 7 there is an option that is shut doun rear adio if front speekes are in use or play sounds though boath. I cant find anywere to change this after the fist selection.

I have not found a way to play two differnt \ adio streems

You can play multipe sorces into one adio streem.
well i was able to do it on the realtech hd audio on my mothers pc that i built for here like 3 and 1/2 years ago so how i can't on both my gene 3's is drive me nucking futs
Old January 10, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thanks kapt your right just need the update drivers from via works know. thanks all