Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2010, 11:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Can anyone add to my CUDA or GPU accelerated or multi-core or 64bit Apps list?

I was thinking that most of us on the forums here are pretty much wasting allot of what our Computers power So I decided to do some searching around for a list of software that uses Cuda and or is multi core and or 64bit supported. the only ones I have found so far are these;
CUDA/GPU Acceleration:
Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor
ElcomSoft Distributed Password Recovery
Elcomsoft Lightning Hash Cracker
Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker
CoreAVC (paid GPU accelerated video codec decoder)
badaboom media converter
Freemake Video Converter or silent by Acen2006 (free)
Imagemagick
TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress
Adobe Photoshop CS5 - Possibly more of the CS5 suite.

Multi-core support:
7-zip using LZMA2. Though extra threads sacrifice compression ratio per thread over 2 (free)
I think WinRAR, but it's compression algorithm is a bit stale. Even in the x64 field, it still sucks where 7zip allows for improvement.
Avisynth - It supports multithread for these intense video rendering tasks. (free)
HandBrake - video encoder/converter (free)
ConvertXtoDVD - converts video files to dvd format.
Fractalus- is a freeware truecolor highresolution fractalgenerator for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows (Windows xp, Windows Vista & Windows 7).

I used Mozilla to build there newest FF based web browser called Mine field which if you go into the about:config you can turn on the GPU so that it uses your vid card juice .
on my other PC I have downloaded the FF 64bit browser called Namoroka and I have to say that this thing is pretty fast for a ff based browser the only thing I had to do was go to adobe and download the beta Flash Player "Square" to have flash this works perfectly.

Can anyone add to this list ?
Old December 10, 2010, 11:45 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

One of my favs:

MediaCoder - more than a universal audio/video transcoder - MediaCoder official website

Media Coder is one of the better transcoding programs out there and now comes CUDA-enabled.

Cyberlink's MediaEspresso is CUDA and AMD Stream Compute ready:

MediaEspresso 6 - the Fastest Universal Media Converter
Old December 10, 2010, 11:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

7zip has a 64bit exe as well which I prefer over WinRAR
Download 7-Zip from SourceForge.net
Old December 10, 2010, 01:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

Adobe Premiere CS5 Pro supports CUDA (Mercury Engine) and multicore.

Old December 10, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
One of my favs:

MediaCoder - more than a universal audio/video transcoder - MediaCoder official website

Media Coder is one of the better transcoding programs out there and now comes CUDA-enabled.

Cyberlink's MediaEspresso is CUDA and AMD Stream Compute ready:

MediaEspresso 6 - the Fastest Universal Media Converter
I didn't realize this used Cuda Cool Thanx

[
Old December 13, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
One of my favs:

Umm, Sky, I grabbed MediaCoder since I like the idea of it using my GPU, and have installed it. Now I fire it up and it is in Chinese (I think), have you seen this before?

edit: Nevermind I have found how to change it to English. If anyone else has this issue here is how to fix it:
Quote:
Click on the settings icon (one that looks like a gear), pick the 2nd option in the first combo box and close the dialog window. Click on left one button when prompt pops up to restart mediacoder in english.

Last edited by ipaine; December 13, 2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old December 14, 2010, 03:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

"CUDA is not supported on current system. Please download and use non-CUDA version."

...So.. GTX 460 is a no-go for CUDA? What the hell MediaCoder?
Old December 14, 2010, 05:33 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Going by your specs it looks like you got 768GB 460s. That might your problem as I thought you need a min of 1GB card for cuda to "work"....at least that is what is recommended for the adobe hack that makes adobe think you have a high end NV workstation GPU and not their "cheaper" consumer cards (ie get mercury hardware acceleration to work with the GTX line). ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr