Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2010, 03:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
you could have just un-installed it and went with avast os ms essentials. thats what i did for a few clients solved the problem. just my2cents
I found avast to be a terrible anti virus, I once got a worm that kept making my internet connection die on me and avast scanned and scanned and never found nothing (was up to date as well) whilist malware bytes found it and removed it in probably 30-60 seconds in the quick scan :)
Old December 13, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i have found that if avg misses it avast will find it and if avast misses it avg finds it. strange almost like they planed it that way eh lol

Tags
avg 2011 , bad pop ups , restart