Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2010, 07:06 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows7 LAN issue

Hey, is anyone using either the Asus M2N-e motherboard or another motherboard with the 570 chipset?

I really can't get LAN to work under Win7x64. It was working fine under server 2003x64. Tried latest drivers as well as a lot of older revision as well as vista drivers and XP on both nVidia's and Asus websites

If you have a similar setup, please tell me the driver version you're using.

-Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ok, actually I think there's a glitch somewhere.. I thought at first it was an issue with drivers, but it might be an issue with Win7.

I plugged in a Linksys 100TX adapter, (beside the fact it took 2 hours to find x64 drivers it's all working -.-) but if I "hotswap" the cable to the Linksys adapter, it will be stuck on "unidentified network". I need to plug in the adapter, reboot and then only it is working.

I have the same problem with the onboard LAN, except that even on reboot it will keep saying "unidentified network", and I can't access either the network or internet. I've tried to set an IP manually, and zillions of various things...

+if I plug a cable in the onboard adapter while the Linksys adapter is working fine, I loose the access to internet but I still can access the local network...

Also, if I try to change the settings of this adapter while the cable is plugged in, the network manager just freeze. No way to shut it down, and the PC won't stop without a hard reset.

-If I try to do whatever with the onboard adapter, it crash. release/renew or disabling adapters makes something crash..

I did reset the router and the modem (at this point... -.-).

The BIOS was recently flashed to latest version, and everything was working fine under server2k3.

It's a fresh install, no A/V or firewall enabled.

It's some serious shit.

Last edited by Behemoth-; November 14, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old November 13, 2010, 07:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Either you have the chipset wrong or the motherboard model wrong...

It may be Marvell which you can find here: Marvell: Support otherwise it's most likely Realtek: Realtek
Old November 13, 2010, 07:20 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Either you have the chipset wrong or the motherboard model wrong...

It may be Marvell which you can find here: Marvell: Support otherwise it's most likely Realtek: Realtek
Oops you're right. It's the M2N-e. (non-SLI). I always think of the A8N... got so many of those dying at the workplace..