Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2010, 03:46 PM

My System Specs

Default Want to Find: Marathon video software

Hey all,

To cut a long story short, I'm going to be doing a lil anime-a-thon this weekend. However, two problems are arising from this: 1- I need to make a playlist of videos, and 2- Most importantly I would like to be able to start and stop the episodes at specific times so that half the weekend isn't spent reading credits or watching the intro videos.

Now #1 isnt a problem, i know that VLC can cue up several titles to play sequentially. (or name a better alternate than VLC)
#2 is what I'd like to find. Think of iTunes (which i hate btw) that has a feature where you can start a song 0:20 in and stop it after 4:30 and Save those settings such that the next time it plays it will do so from those points automatically - thats what i'd like a video player to do, if possible.

Has anyone ever seen software that can do this? I know its a long shot, but short of attempting to edit and recut every episode that will be seen this weekend, I don't know what else to do.

If editing each IS truly my only choice, can someone suggest a very easy to use video editor so i can chop as need be? I think behemoth would be able to handle this and get it done quickly enough in time for the weekend.

Thanks all.
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Old November 4, 2010, 05:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not sure about what you need for #2, but if you end up having to do some edits you can use AVI Splitter. I'm sure that is what I have used before in the past. It is not freeware but the trial should do you fine. Then again it could have been this one as well, ImTOO Video Splitter.
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."

Old November 5, 2010, 11:58 AM
Top Prospect

For editing VirtualDub would be the one for AVIs, it's open source. You may need additional plug-ins for other formats.

Welcome to virtualdub.org! - virtualdub.org

Use the "video > direct stream copy" option to prevent it from re-encoding the videos. If all the videos have the same video and sound frame/bitrates, then you can join them into one big file.