Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 29, 2010, 04:28 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

i'dd like to see different bench in real world application with different cards... Once then, maybe i'll iinstall if it's worth it..
Old September 1, 2010, 08:19 PM
Top Prospect

I have seen a few threads on this, and I can say personally it has helped in metro 2033. Others see the same, but it really depends on what games you are playing.
Old September 2, 2010, 05:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Now that I have the 460 I can test this. I have just started playing Metro and I have not applied the patch. I have run some initial runs with Fraps, so I will see what changes there are after the patch.

Edit: Well scratch that. So I go to install it and sure enough it tells me I already have it installed. So much for a comparison.

Last edited by ipaine; September 2, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old September 2, 2010, 07:50 PM

My System Specs

Download browser validation tool. Download Geniune verification too. Run application and get code. Paste code in to browser, hit next. Page does not exist. Click link in ipaine's post. Repeat. Then again have to enter geniune code again after wards. M$ you have one lame system.
Old September 2, 2010, 08:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why wouldn't they send this out as an automatic update...
Old September 2, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Why wouldn't they send this out as an automatic update...

They must have as that is the only way I would have gotten it. I checked my update history and it is listed as "Hotfix for Windows (KB2028560)" and it is listed as important. So that means if you have windows updates set to install on its own then you should have it already.

Old September 3, 2010, 09:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
They must have as that is the only way I would have gotten it. I checked my update history and it is listed as "Hotfix for Windows (KB2028560)" and it is listed as important. So that means if you have windows updates set to install on its own then you should have it already.
Yup, it became automatic on Tuesday I think.