Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2007, 04:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

I personally think your being a little to paranoid, but I can easily see where your coming from. Even I normally turn off my computer if I'm not downloading or running scans/benchies, though I've yet to have any problems. Even when my old rig was on 24/7 I could get by with cleaning it every 6 months to a year and everything would be fine, and never had a PSU problem once, though my old monitor finally began burning out after a few years of heavy use. But enough of that, back onto topic shall we?

As everyone has been stating, system restore is junk most of the time, it's normally a better bet just to backup what you need on a regular basis and if something happens, just do a full wipe. Now onto your hibernate problem, that's a Vista problem, I believe it was a problem with certain hardware/drivers that messes with it, but can't quite remember as I haven't looked into it for a while. But the point of it being, it's not something you can really fix.
Old January 6, 2008, 07:35 AM
Allstar

Talking

you can try I believe the vista cd and it will see if it can repair and get it going.

futrue use software: acronis true image with system restore turned off.
system restore can mix around items rename even if it works(i had used it on xp a couple times).
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel SSD
Win 10 Pro x64