Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31, 2010, 06:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Since the laptop has AHCI enabled, all SATA devices are hot-pluggable, which means that you can connect and disconnect them at will (so long as you safely remove them). This is one of the best features of SATA in my opinion, since it lets you temporarily connect drives to your PC without having to reboot, while still giving you access to the full speed of the SATA bus rather than having to use a USB adapter to get the hot-plugging functionality.

You should do a little more research. Maybe then you would learn that this is how it's actually supposed to work, rather than blaming Microsoft and Windows for perfectly implementing the SATA hot-plugging feature.
If you were not focused at trying to prove me wrong on everything I write you would have understood what I said and not post a pile of useless crap like this. You are not even worth the time anymore...
Old July 31, 2010, 06:46 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
If you were not focused at trying to prove me wrong on everything I write you would have understood what I said and not post a pile of useless crap like this. You are not even worth the time anymore...
I understood what you said, and I also understand that it has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening here. If you would take a minute to focus on what actually happened rather than your anti-Windows fixation, you might have better understood the "problem", or even the fact that it is not actually a problem at all. Considering you claim to have spent a lot of time supporting Windows machines, I would think that you'd be at least somewhat familiar with how removable hardware is managed, so one way or another, you're lying about something, whether it be the amount of experience you actually have with Windows or the amount of expertise you have.

To me it seems like your earlier comment was an excuse to bash Windows, rather than a genuine attempt on your part to contribute to the thread. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post. And if you want to spread your hatred for Windows, then find somewhere else to do it.
Old July 31, 2010, 07:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Why the hell are you saying it's an anti-Windows comment if you understood what I said?

It's the sad truth that most drivers around that are written for the windows platform are simply crappy broken blobs that you have no way around and usually are not even good enough to run the targeted piece of hardware resulting in unpredictable behavior... what I thought could be the problem after reading the thread and thinking for a whole second before starting answering (it's usually the case with most 'weird' problems like these).

Now you are just trying to take credit away from me over a complete misunderstanding on your part.
Old July 31, 2010, 08:22 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Why the hell are you saying it's an anti-Windows comment if you understood what I said?

It's the sad truth that most drivers around that are written for the windows platform are simply crappy broken blobs that you have no way around and usually are not even good enough to run the targeted piece of hardware resulting in unpredictable behavior... what I thought could be the problem after reading the thread and thinking for a whole second before starting answering (it's usually the case with most 'weird' problems like these).

Now you are just trying to take credit away from me over a complete misunderstanding on your part.
I'm saying that it's an anti-Windows comment because 1) your comment had absolutely nothing to do with the actual problem and 2) because the drivers are actually working perfectly and therefore your comment that Windows drivers are broken and crappy is clearly either incorrect or at the very least not relevant to the situation. Rather than looking at what the problem really was, you just assumed that it was something wrong with Windows because according to you, everything about Windows sucks.
Old July 31, 2010, 08:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I'm saying that it's an anti-Windows comment because 1) your comment had absolutely nothing to do with the actual problem and 2) because the drivers are actually working perfectly and therefore your comment that Windows drivers are broken and crappy is clearly either incorrect or at the very least not relevant to the situation. Rather than looking at what the problem really was, you just assumed that it was something wrong with Windows because according to you, everything about Windows sucks.
Oh for ****'s sake the damn driver HAS NOTHING to do with Windows/Microsoft

Calik man...
Old July 31, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
From a non windows user I would simply guess that there's a screwup somewhere in the drivers and every time it syncs the drives it pops you that message to tell you that the buffer is emptied and that you can remove the drive.

But meh... it's windows and manufacturer's drivers are usually only fat broken blob that you can't do crap about it <_<
So you don't contribute, then you proceed to insult others? Please stay out of my thread.

I'll check the BIOS to see if AHCI is enabled. If it is, would disabling it screw anything up and force me to format again?
Old July 31, 2010, 10:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
So you don't contribute, then you proceed to insult others? Please stay out of my thread.

I'll check the BIOS to see if AHCI is enabled. If it is, would disabling it screw anything up and force me to format again?
Well I'm not the one stuck with a retarded problem in Windows and spitting on one person who tried to help.

Next time get a get a clue before writing something like this. You will eventually understand the conversation I just had with zero and see that I'm not insulting him.
That guy likes to put his hands on things he shouldn't and most of the time it simply ends up with somebody correcting him even with the most obvious arguments.
And by the way, he was the one getting in an argument, not the contrary.

Anyway, I'm done with you; have fun "pulling safely away" your hair over your problem alone.
Old July 31, 2010, 10:46 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
I know you can't switch from IDE to AHCI mode. I'm not sure if the reverse is true. Is there any reason you really want to do this other than getting rid of the icon in the system tray (which you can hide if you want to)?
Old July 31, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Well I'm not the one stuck with a retarded problem in Windows and spitting on one person who tried to help.

Next time get a get a clue before writing something like this. You will eventually understand the conversation I just had with zero and see that I'm not insulting him.
That guy likes to put his hands on things he shouldn't and most of the time it simply ends up with somebody correcting him even with the most obvious arguments.
And by the way, he was the one getting in an argument, not the contrary.

Anyway, I'm done with you; have fun "pulling safely away" your hair over your problem alone.
You never helped in the first place.

Quote:
I know you can't switch from IDE to AHCI mode. I'm not sure if the reverse is true. Is there any reason you really want to do this other than getting rid of the icon in the system tray (which you can hide if you want to)?
Sense of security? It just doesn't feel right...
Old August 1, 2010, 12:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This might be your answer if simply disabling it in the BIOS doesn't work... Disabling AHCI BSOD - Vista Forums