Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28, 2010, 06:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 usb setup made easy

For those out there that are a little overwhelmed by diskpart. alot don't know cmd line. "testing right know"
Microsoft Store: Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool Help
Old July 29, 2010, 07:41 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Handy!
Old July 29, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this has been known for quite a while :P
but it is indeed a cool tool.
Old July 29, 2010, 08:15 AM
Rookie

very cool (didn't know about it) but dismayed at the lack of floppy support
Old July 29, 2010, 09:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

never seen it before i always just use diskpart but this makes it so anyone can now do it.
Old July 29, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm, I swear I posted that tool here somewhere before. But either way it is a great tool.

One thing I have run into before though. That tool does not seem to like custom images. So if you have done an all in one Windows 7 image chances are this will not work and you have to do it the long way.

Old July 29, 2010, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I used it on 2 custom images last night. worked great and mine are all in one my 7 iso has every version of 7 even server. typing on machine. may have been early bugs.
Old July 29, 2010, 11:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

i've been using the Install from USB key for windows 7 for probably a year now and i love it. The main fact is that installing from usb will be faster reguardless of your system then dvd-rom due to the limited buffer speed that a dvd-rom drive has to read off of the dvd compared to that of a usb.
Old July 29, 2010, 11:39 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

IF you want to REALLY have some fun. Use a Super Talent SuperCrypt Flash drive for the "thumb drive" portion. I got one here and on usb 3 it does 200+ mb/s sequential reads. Windows installations at the speed of light! Will make your SATA drive the "bottleneck" :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just remember when 7 came out they said yes there will be usb's with it on it and so many people ask me where to get them, well there they go know any basic computer user can make a usb 7.

As some else has pointed out that it was out already i just found it so it's new/s to me. this is for all those people out there who don't have a clue how to do stuff like this manually.

Ya i have been waiting for usb3 for a very long time for these speeds cause i have been using usb for 3 years and it's way to slow, i hate waiting on usb2.0 for an install now as it is ha ha