Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

pick up a u3s6 by asus. best 30bucks you can spend.

BUT ignore the asus drivers.
head on over to station-drivers and get the 2.0.4 firmware and drivers. BIG, HUGE improvement over the stock asus ones which cap your speed at about 140mb/s.

;)

edit heres the link for ya
SONY/NEC firmwares

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 30, 2010, 10:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice find. Sticky?
Old August 3, 2010, 10:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I prefer this tutorial...

How to Install Windows 7 From USB Drive without Windows 7 ISO DVD

Then you can just copy over the files from your Original or *cough*bie*cough* version of Win 7 on the USB key and install it on any computer you can boot USB from.

Worked perfect again when reinstalling Win7 Ultimate x64 in the wifes computer last week-end.
Old August 3, 2010, 10:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

^^^ that's the way i always do it with diskpart works great. just a lot harder for end user's to do i mean just the mention of cmd and there like "what is what" but the above install for usb/ backup is soooo easy it's stupid and works every time i have used it ( about 5 times in the last few days ) this is good too. basically the same thing How To: Install Windows 7 from a USB Key! | Maximum PC
this one also works well for many os's always good to have alternatives Install Windows 7 From USB Drive [Requires 2 Simple Steps]
second that sticky might be good to add all the usb stuff here so people can find it all.

thanks akg for the links
Old August 3, 2010, 12:24 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
never seen it before i always just use diskpart but this makes it so anyone can now do it.
You shouldn't even need to use diskpart. Just format the drive as FAT32 and it should work.