Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2010, 10:56 AM
MVP

Default help get win7 skin on xp

i just google XP on win7 skin and theres alot of links. Google

i just need confirmation from people if any of you have used it? is it safe? will it put on performance weight? like since its win7 skin, does it cause xp to increase performance issue? is gaming compatible?

if it does not slow down the xp, can you give me a very safe link to download that you reccomended?

ps. i like the thick bottom desktop bar and huge thumnail preview of win7
Old July 24, 2010, 12:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Whats wrong with actually upgrading to windows 7?
Old July 24, 2010, 12:37 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Whats wrong with actually upgrading to windows 7?
some game dont run on win7 and xp is alot faster with 3gig ram. this computer only takes 4gb max so i want to make the best and fastest out of it by degrading to xp.

vista is slowed by 10 points and win7 is slowed by 7 points. they both slower than xp but win7 is slight faster.

Content removed by Moderator

Last edited by Arinoth; July 24, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old July 24, 2010, 01:49 PM
MVP

hahahaha that wasnt any language. that was made up language. i dont know what language he type to me so i type to him a made-up language. i dont know what he said but pretty curious. i wouldnt speak other language. i know better. its like an english chat room and someone speak swedish. people wouldnt like it.

on topic.... forgot to say when i install corel video studio on a computer that has xp it feels alot smoother. thats why i want xp but i want win7 skin and theme.
Old July 24, 2010, 02:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

the theme packs work good but there will be an impact on gaming performance if you use Aero what you can do to get around this in XP is just turn it off before gaming. on my old p4 I used a reg script before I would go into a Enemy Territory competition so that I would only be running 17 process's including the game process, this greatly improved my gaming. I would just double click on the reg script then reboot load the game and team speak and off to the gaming server I went.
Old July 24, 2010, 02:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
the theme packs work good but there will be an impact on gaming performance if you use Aero what you can do to get around this in XP is just turn it off before gaming. on my old p4 I used a reg script before I would go into a Enemy Territory competition so that I would only be running 17 process's including the game process, this greatly improved my gaming. I would just double click on the reg script then reboot load the game and team speak and off to the gaming server I went.
i heard of aero many time but i never sure what exactly it is. aero is a theme? is the huge preview thumbnail is related to aero too? if we can turn off aero before gaming then sounds fine.

if i were to get it right now, any site is safe to get from?
Old July 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would think that running a Windows 7 skin would take more out of a computer than natively running 7?
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old July 24, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
I would think that running a Windows 7 skin would take more out of a computer than natively running 7?
it would depend allot on what machine win7 was running on and going by what was said here
Quote:
this computer only takes 4gb max
I am guessing that it is a single core because I am not sure of any dual cores that only run up to 4 gb ram.
I wouldn't advise anyone to run windows 7 on a single core machine because it usually has an average of 30 process's running in the back ground .

this is what Aero them is

Windows Aero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia