F@H

My System Specs

Default FAH #$%'s up Office?

This weekend I installed four things:

1)The SMP FAH client
2)the text only FAH client
3) AVG freeware
4)XFire

Now when I try to start any of the Office 2007 programs, I get the message "Microsoft <ProgramName> has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application" and it closes out.

I have tried:
-reinstalling
-repairing
-going into the registry and changing permissions to everyone for HKEY_local_machine/Microsoft/office
-glaring peevishly at my screen

I'm not sure which program is the culprit, anyone have any idea?
Old November 25, 2007, 06:18 PM
Top Prospect

Avg might be bugging Office. I've seen other AV programs bump into office suits before.
Try turning off email scanner, that should be the only part of AVG that will touch Office. (Unless your not using Outlook)

Other then that, try turning each program off one at a time and see which program(s) is/are causing the problem.

Old November 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I don't see the relation between FAH and Office. I have installed both back-to-back numerous times and never had any issues. I don't think AVG can be the culprit too (simply uninstall and check it out). The only software I don't know is Xfire.

Have you tried running the apps as Administrator (shortcut/advanced/run as admin)? Vista loves that.

You've already done something similar, but this could help: KBAlertz.com: (838687) - Describes that the Everyone group of the Microsoft Office registry subkey is not set to full control when you install an Office program. Includes a suggested resolution.. This too: Microsoft office has not been installed for the current user [Archive] - MCSE.

Have you tried turning UAC off?

John
Old November 25, 2007, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks guys- what seemed to work was going into the office data folder and deleting data.dat and opa12.dat files- then reinstalling- I also tried deleting the office12 registry files, but it wouldn't let me. Anyway, working for now.