Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2008, 10:24 AM
Top Prospect

Tried installing Ubuntu on my new rig, but it wouldn't work. Kept giving me an error.
Old January 28, 2008, 05:09 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I haven't used Linux much since I mostly use my PC for gaming, but I've dabbled w/ a few Linux distros w/ mixed results. There was always one or two things that wouldn't work in each distro and it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Same here. I've tried different distros, mostly live CD's, and I've found that everything I can do with Linux I can do with Windows, and usually better. I multi-booted Xandros at one time but eventually I found that the only thing I ever used it for was the mini-golf game .
Old February 1, 2008, 01:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdf22 View Post
and I've found that everything I can do with Linux I can do with Windows, and usually better.
I've yet to get Windows over 2 months of uptime. My Linux box went three years before a UPS failure took it down.
Old February 1, 2008, 12:55 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleF View Post
I've yet to get Windows over 2 months of uptime. My Linux box went three years before a UPS failure took it down.
I turn my computer off every night - it's pretty quiet, but in the night when I'm trying to sleep I can really hear it. And I won't deny that Linux is more stable, it's just the lack of decent programs and such that I was talking about.
Old February 1, 2008, 03:31 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Been folding 24/7 on 3 Vista rigs, for the past 5 months... Windows has not crashed to this day.