Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 2, 2010, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default EVGA Precision and GTX 480's

Either I'm missing something or Precision is missing something! The core clock is locked on all cards and I can't seem to find a way to unlock it. It is the newest version 1.9.4.....anyone else have this experience and if so how did you fix it?...thanks
Attached Images

Old July 2, 2010, 10:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Its the same like that on my GTX465 Krunz. I believe it is because the Shaders are Linked 2:1 with the core clock , so in order to adjust the core you have to bump the shaders an equal amount.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 2, 2010, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Did they ditch the unlock button? There was/is a button somewhere you had to uncheck to slide them separately. I'm unfamiliar if this is possible on the 4xx series, however.
Old July 2, 2010, 11:12 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Its the same like that on my GTX465 Krunz. I believe it is because the Shaders are Linked 2:1 with the core clock , so in order to adjust the core you have to bump the shaders an equal amount.

ST
Correct. The core and shader clocks are locked together and cannot be changed independently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Did they ditch the unlock button? There was/is a button somewhere you had to uncheck to slide them separately. I'm unfamiliar if this is possible on the 4xx series, however.
You mean unlink, and that is not possible with the 400 series cards.
Old July 2, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just spoke to EVGA and this the way it is for the 4 series cards only. Basically as Soul said "the Shaders are Linked 2:1 with the core clock , so in order to adjust the core you have to bump the shaders an equal amount." To see what your core clock actually is just use GPU-Z, he did say there are a couple of programs you can use to adjust the core separately but that EVGA choose to do it this way, my thought is it takes the guess work out OC'ing the core and shaders separately so less problems overall. I wonder if the MSI program is the same with the 4 series....hmmm.

They ya go, learn something new every day!

Old July 2, 2010, 11:35 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
To see what your core clock actually is just use GPU-Z
Or divide by two...
Old July 2, 2010, 11:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LOL!...true!

Old July 2, 2010, 07:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post

Maybe perhaps you are thinking of the Sync button that adusts all your 'Similar' Video cards when you make changes to one of them.

I.e. you have 2 GTX260's and you push the shaders up 100, it links those clocks to the second card as well.

That still exists (though I don't have a second 465 to test it on).

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old July 2, 2010, 10:43 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Maybe perhaps you are thinking of the Sync button that adusts all your 'Similar' Video cards when you make changes to one of them.
He's talking about this button:
Old July 3, 2010, 04:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Ahh okay , thanks Zero.

ST