Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1, 2010, 10:09 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default intelburntest + furmark problem

I can't seem to run both at the same time without furmark dropping to 30fps and causing the gpu to barely be loaded and temps drop. I could run both at the same time if I set intelburntest to 3 threads but at auto, it would cause the gpu to drop temps but cpu still loaded. How do I use intelburntest and furmark at same time while both being loaded?
Old July 1, 2010, 11:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i would not use them at the same time 1 is to test cpu overclock the other is too overclock your gpu why would you run them together. run them separate well doing your testing once tested and stable move to the next thing you want to overclock.

of course it's gonna drop frams the cpu is running the whole show well gpu is doing only visual stuff only. no point at all to run both they stress completely different things
Old July 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I was trying to see if my psu will stand my gpu + cpu and i also wanted it to heat up so i can warm up my hands but it didn't
Old July 1, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When you're using intel burn test it is using 100% of your CPU, furmark doesn't get any CPU cycles. If you want to stress both at the same time run Prime95 on the CPU while using Furmark.
Old July 1, 2010, 04:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok at least what you wanted to do makes sense now .