Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default good all-in-one apps for ubuntu/windows

Well i was playing around with the new ubuntu and found a good all in one installer that works for both giving it a shoot right now Quick & Easy PC Setup for Ubuntu 9.10 - Allmyapps
Old June 11, 2010, 01:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

...ubuntu software center didn't come up in mind?

(or the good old google + aptitude )
Old June 11, 2010, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

. for all the rest there you go. there's so many reason to post this and so many reason your post is down right silly. system builders,ubuntu noobs,or people looking not to use ninite.

Last edited by gingerbee; June 11, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old June 11, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cool. But really I only use an Ubuntu live CD, for when my Windows throws a fit. But I guess this is good for Win too so.. great thanks!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I get it, it's like Ninite for Ubuntu. Cool. I'll use that the next time I dip my toes in the Ubuntu pond.
Old June 11, 2010, 02:39 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Looks interesting for folks just playing around with Linux for the first time. This, along with Wubi (Wubi - Ubuntu Installer for Windows ) would get newbies running Linux no problems.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 11, 2010, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thanks chris never heard of that one before. really trying to get a lot of people on linux there just so programed that windows is all they should use. when most do things like play music surf and watch movies I think these are the people who are perfect candidates for a linux distro and they don't even no it.

Just like ninite and have options is always good considering that is works for MS and Linux
she's working now.

Last edited by gingerbee; June 11, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old June 11, 2010, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
Well i was playing around with the new ubuntu and found a good all in one installer that works for both giving it a shoot right now Quick & Easy PC Setup for Ubuntu 9.10 - Allmyapps
You do realize the *newest* Ubuntu is now 10.04? That link is applicable to the last ver.

The various non-free, free, medibuntu etc. repos should provide the same stuff...

I'm going to install 10.04 on my desktop soon...eventually... when I move all the hardware into a new case...

Last edited by technix; June 11, 2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old June 11, 2010, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup i have not switched to the new one yet i heard it's great i don't run it much but want to start to learn and use it more. thanks.
Old June 11, 2010, 09:40 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Wubi will download the latest Ubuntu version automatically. No partitioning, etc.
Fold for team #54196