Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2010, 12:44 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 upgrade deals

So one of my computers I built last summer has the beta copy of Windows 7 running on it which is obviously about to end. I picked up 2 copies of the student upgrade deal last year for my other computers but never got around to doing it for this one. It appears this deal is no longer available, is there anything similar? Would suck to fork out the $125 to get it retail at this point when it was like $30 a year ago. I'm specifically looking for the 64-bit Home Premium version. Any tips?

TIA
Old June 3, 2010, 01:08 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Also if either McGill University or UBC offer it cheap/free I have access to both. Does anyone know if that's the case? I'll try doing some research later this evening.
Old June 3, 2010, 01:13 PM
MVP

This is the cheapest price I have ever seen for windows 7:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit OEM English - Microsoft

Everywhere else, and I mean everywhere else sells it for the 125 you mentioned earlier, unless microsoft does some deal like they did for students again.
Old June 3, 2010, 01:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

All Microsoft's student deals are here: Microsoft Student - all the best Microsoft student discounts, programs, and products
Old June 3, 2010, 02:07 PM
MVP
F@H

If you know someone in UBC compsci they can get cheap licenses.
Old June 4, 2010, 12:22 PM
Top Prospect

In addition to student discount you may want to check if the "Work at Home" license is available for W7 Pro/Ultimate:

Work at Home licenses for Microsoft Academic Volume Licensing Customers

If available it's usually the cheapest option.