Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10, 2007, 10:48 PM
MVP

Default Vista and ICON size?

I have dual booted my pC to have both XP and VIsta. I notcied the icon size on the Vista desktop are large... I for the life of me can't find the settings to make them smaller.. anyone able to point me into the right direction??

thanks....
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old November 10, 2007, 11:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

right click on the desktop, and click personalize (Vista), then display settings- increase your resolution
Old November 11, 2007, 01:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty View Post
I have dual booted my pC to have both XP and VIsta. I notcied the icon size on the Vista desktop are large... I for the life of me can't find the settings to make them smaller.. anyone able to point me into the right direction??

thanks....
That's how Vista icons are. You can right click on the desktop, hover on View, then select Classic Icons.
Old November 11, 2007, 01:17 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
That's how Vista icons are. You can right click on the desktop, hover on View, then select Classic Icons.
^^ Yup ^^

I'm on XP at the moment, but if memory serves correctly, you can also adjust icon size by left-clicking on an empty part of the desktop, then hold down CTRL and roll the scroll wheel on your mouse up or down or you can right-click on desktop > Personalize > Colour and Appearance > there should be a link on there that will take you to the advanced section (can't recall what it says) and it will take you to the familiar window that looks like this:
Old November 11, 2007, 04:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
^^ Yup ^^

I'm on XP at the moment, but if memory serves correctly, you can also adjust icon size by left-clicking on an empty part of the desktop, then hold down CTRL and roll the scroll wheel on your mouse up or down or you can right-click on desktop > Personalize > Colour and Appearance > there should be a link on there that will take you to the advanced section (can't recall what it says) and it will take you to the familiar window that looks like this:
Exactly how you do it.
Old November 11, 2007, 08:39 AM
MVP

ahhh what a neat trick!!! thankyou..... that worked perfectly...... looks alot better now... It was driving me nuts that I had the screen rez maxed out and they were still huge!!!! all fixed...

thanks a million!!!!!!

cheers!!
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old November 11, 2007, 10:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks- I never knew that- every day's a school day!