Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Windows 7 eBay copies blacklisted (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/32079-windows-7-ebay-copies-blacklisted.html)

ToXic May 13, 2010 07:54 PM

Windows 7 eBay copies blacklisted

So today iv noticed my copy of Win7 Pro i got from eBay has been blacklisted, so be careful who ever got a early technet copy via eBay!

Squeetard May 13, 2010 07:56 PM

Buying a technet copy of anything off anyone is ilegal.

Jake_HT May 13, 2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeetard (Post 377860)
Buying a technet copy of anything off anyone is ilegal.

lol yep. Why would you even do that?

ToXic May 13, 2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake_HT (Post 377870)
lol yep. Why would you even do that?

Didnt know it was technet, and it was $10 lol

YukonTrooper May 13, 2010 09:33 PM

What happened to your OS?

mo' power May 13, 2010 10:07 PM

Whenever I see an OS for sale for $10, my spidey sense starts to tingle. The only software I buy from ebay is in the form of used pc games.
I prefer to get my illegal software from legit sources.:ph34r:

Dashock May 13, 2010 10:22 PM

i got Wind 7 pro for 50 bucks legit from microsoft had a promotion during late dec early jan for enroled uni/college students i posted the link 50 bucks for worry free copy ill take it.

clone63 May 18, 2010 11:14 PM

Not sure how the person I got mine from got theirs, but its still valid.
"License Wholesalers" ??
Not too sure on legitimacy but.. its working.
5 pc uses. Sounds like a scam :haha:

Caldezar May 19, 2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 377891)
i got Wind 7 pro for 50 bucks legit from microsoft had a promotion during late dec early jan for enroled uni/college students i posted the link 50 bucks for worry free copy ill take it.

Educational copies always have great promos for students. But a $10 copy off ebay. As far as I'm concerned, you should have just assumed it was some sort of scam. Or at least that something was fishy.

For the deal you get with Technet, there's really no reason not to get a subscription yourself.

Pelt May 19, 2010 05:14 PM

Not to knock on you to much for buying an obviously illegal copy of Win 7, but I hope you're not surprised that the Technet account it was attached to was found out by MS. You've got an awesome system judging from your sig, perhaps it's time to save a few bucks up and buy your own Technet subscription? It's not to bad of a price considering what programs you get access to. Heck a retail copy of Win 7 Ultimate is over 300 dollars before taxes and a TechNet subscription is just a shade under 300, and you get 10 copies!!!! of just Win 7 Ultimate alone, not to mention 10 copies of all the other versions of Win 7, Win XP, Win Vista ect... and then there is the Office software and then well the list goes on...

What I'm saying is if your going to drop major cash on the hardware don't balk on legal software that you need to run all your shiny gear.