Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2010, 06:31 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
i got Wind 7 pro for 50 bucks legit from microsoft had a promotion during late dec early jan for enroled uni/college students i posted the link 50 bucks for worry free copy ill take it.
Same here. I was actually able to buy two copies. Wouldn't let me buy a third though.
Old May 19, 2010, 08:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
What I'm saying is if your going to drop major cash on the hardware don't balk on legal software that you need to run all your shiny gear.
+1
Old May 19, 2010, 09:02 PM
MVP

i bought win7 Ultimate from an IT guy who went to a Microsoft seminar where they were handing out copies of the OS to all the invitees. many were not wanted and he managed to end up with 1/2 dozen copies. got mine for $100(64 bit), which is not bad considering xp pro is still in that range.
Old May 20, 2010, 01:23 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
i bought win7 Ultimate from an IT guy who went to a Microsoft seminar where they were handing out copies of the OS to all the invitees. many were not wanted and he managed to end up with 1/2 dozen copies. got mine for $100(64 bit), which is not bad considering xp pro is still in that range.
Nice! But the only way I'd buy that is if I knew him in some way, personally.
Old May 20, 2010, 06:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This is why you dont buy software off of eBay as a good portion of the time they are just reselling pirated versions
Old May 20, 2010, 07:32 AM
Top Prospect

I got a version on ebay not long ago and have had no issues yet.
Old May 20, 2010, 07:35 AM
MVP

Default here we go again - promoting the illegal use of a Technet subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
[...] it's time to save a few bucks up and buy your own Technet subscription? [...]
[...] don't balk on legal software that you need to run all your shiny gear.
Forum Rules include: Discussion of Deviant/Illegal Activity (2 Points)
Do not post about Illegal activities on the forum.

The use of a Technet Subscription that you, among many others here, encourages is illegal.
Old May 20, 2010, 07:58 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post

The use of a Technet Subscription that you, among many others here, encourages is illegal.
Actually its not. What Pelt is saying is EXACTLY what technet was setup for. Technet is personal use only. BUT it is unlimited use on your own personal systems. MS wants enthusiasts be they IT pros or hobbyists to use, know and like MS products. Once again recomding that someone else get technet for their own kit is NOT illegal. SELLING your keys IS illegal. Buying $10 key off fleabay could also be considered illegal. BUYING a subscription to a legal service is NOT illegal.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 20, 2010, 08:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post

You are reading this out of context. What Pelt is saying is for personal use which is what Technet is for. He is not talking about selling the extra keys to people, just some of the stuff he will receive in it and would be able to install/run on other machines he may have (including if he maintains his parents). His post is not encouraging illegal activities and therefore is not deemed an infraction
Old May 20, 2010, 11:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I got my windows 7 pro free from college :P now that sucks that you have to get your self a copy of win 7, maybe get a college friend to help you out.