Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2010, 05:40 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 Startup Issues

So here's the deal. In December I set up RAID 0 with two new WD Caviar Black 1TB drives. Work decently well with a few minor hickups until about a month ago. Since April startup breaks every couple of boot ups. The computer will sit at the windows splash screen for ever, not doing anything. The only way to fix it is to do startup recovery's system restore. If I try to restore to the most recent point it won't work, so I have to go one or two earlier.

In startup recovery it is also a huge pain because I have to load my RAID drivers before it will recognise my Windows install. This doesn't work half the time. Once I have finally restored Windows it breaks again a couple of boot ups later. I can usually tell when it will break because Windows freezes at the log off screen.

I've tried re-installing Windows twice now, and always the same thing. I tried remembering what I did a month ago that I have to do on each install: I installed Catalyst 10.3, and one of the first things I do on a fresh install is update Catalyst.

Sorry for the novel I had to write. Any input will be greatly appreciated