Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2010, 11:30 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 tweaks, including how to install from a USB drive

A nice tweaking guide from the MaxPC folks:
19 Tips Every Windows 7 User Needs to Know - Page 1 | Maximum PC

I really liked the "Problem Step Recorder" (automatically records your keyboard, mouse, and other actions as screenshots and automatically adds comments. Wraps it all up in a hTML slideshow and zip file. Great for problem solving issues with people).

I also liked the guide showing how to load Windows 7 to a USB for installing, and a few other tricks, like the energy report.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 24, 2010, 11:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

that PSR is defintately useful!

thanks for the find!
Old April 24, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lots of that is really good info, but there is a much easier way to go about using a USB key to install Windows 7.

Microsoft Store: Download Manager Help

Using the Windows 7 USB/DVD tool found at the link above, you just need to install it then point it to your iso and then the destination USB and then let it go to work. I have used it a few times and it works every time.

Here is a guide showing how to use it. How To Create Bootable Windows 7 USB To Install Windows 7 From USB Flash Drive (Using Windows 7 DVD/USB Tool)