Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2007, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default DVD writers are not showing up

I did a fdisk reinstall of my OS and now my dvd writers are not showing up in my computer, there are showing in device manager with the yellow tag on them but when I try to up date them it gives me the message that updater couldnot find a better match for the dvd writers
Old November 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Did you try uninstalling the IDE channel they are on in device manager (IDE controller --> primary or secondary ide controller -->uninstall). I find when xp screws up like that this works. On reboot XP finds 'em and reinstalls them properly. The only thing to watch out for it to pick the right one and make sure that your OS drive isn't on that controller...that might make things tricky

Hope this helps.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 3, 2007, 02:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

try this

missing CD drive not repaired with FIXCD.REG - Tech Support Guy Forums
Old November 3, 2007, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thank you for your replys I fixed the problem by using this script worked perfectly
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"Upperfilters"=-
"Lowerfilters"=-