Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15, 2010, 11:38 PM
Top Prospect

Default Virus Bulletin April 2010 Comparative RAP results

The full VB comparative is only available to subscribers for now, but here's the result chart from the "RAP" (Reactive and Proactive) test:

http://www.sophos.com/images/blogs/g...hart-large.jpg

For those who are not familiar with the VB methodology, RAP test consist of a "reactive" portion where samples collected during the 3 weeks prior to the date of the AV signature/definition file were used, and a "proactive" portion where samples collected during a week after the date of the AV signature/definition file were used.

As always, note that this comparative only test one aspect of the AV software. Many AV products now include modules that can identify/stop malware that are not detected by their signature-based detection engine.
Old April 16, 2010, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This makes me glad I use ESET when I'm on Windows. Linux is still ftw tho.