Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default setting up 7 so only admin

ok well my one of my machine lots it mind this morning and i want to set it up so there no sign it at all just admin rights for anyone who uses it know i no what most will say use goolge i have and all i keep getting is stuff for windows server an helps thanks guys/gals.
Old March 25, 2010, 08:41 AM
Quadfather

Do you mean you want the PC to log in by itself automatically without the need to sign in? Try googling "Automatic Login" for Windows, there are just a few registry keys that have to be changed to enable this.
Old March 25, 2010, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

found what i was looking for thank no i mean this Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek
that and if i use admin at set up this does not work os i am hoping it means that admin is the master account. what a pain in the but. thank guys
Old March 25, 2010, 09:11 AM
Top Prospect

Try this: Autologon from Sysinternals.

It was written a long time ago; don't know if it still works for Windows 7.

Autologon
Old March 25, 2010, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok well i have lost all copy adn paste functions even if logged in as admin what the hell any help at all really pissing me off
Old March 25, 2010, 02:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

In reply to your first post, I used this: Make Windows 7 or Vista Log On Automatically - How-To Geek
Old March 25, 2010, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thanks very much was able to fix copy/paste problem and i found that too but thanks all very much problems solved. more 7 crap ha ha every time i say that i think about how much i like 7 is that weird
Old March 26, 2010, 05:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't believe it's really good practice to use the built-in administrator account as your only account. It's hidden for a reason...

The first account that's created after installing Windows 7 is an administrator as well. Just disabled UAC and you're set.
Old March 26, 2010, 06:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

huh... just remove the password on your account. And make sure there is only one account, and bam! there you go
Old March 26, 2010, 06:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya it turns out there was more then 1 problem i have been able to work it out thank all and yes you guys are right it's only good to run the hidden account if you really need to and i did so it's there if you need it.