Allstar

My System Specs

Default Adobe CS5 Coming April 12th

Adobe Creative Suite 5 Launch
It's coming!
Old March 24, 2010, 08:53 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Damn! I just upgraded (legitimately) my CS2 stuff to CS4 a few weeks ago. I had a feeling this would happen.
System Spec Peripherals: Corsair H70 cpu cooler (w/ 2 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans) | Zalman MFC3 fan controller | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium kb | Steelseries Sensei mouse | Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers | SteelSeries SX mouse surface
For the real serious stuff: 2.53GHz Mac Mini | 4GB DDR3 1066 RAM | 320GB HDD | Samsung P2250 (x2) | Apple Magic Mouse | Apple Magic Trackpad | Apple Wireless KB | Drobo FS 6.5TB
Laptops: Dell XPS M1530 | Asus G74SX-DH71
Surface Pro 128GB
Old March 24, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Adobe is such a ripoff. Seriously it's like paying $1000 for a frickin 10 year old game with a new mod or map pack. What a load of crap.

Some of the computers in my department were just upgraded to CS4. We are still waiting for "approval" to upgrade the rest so we can all be on the same platform, since right now the CS4 people have to downsave their InDesign docs for us CS3 people. But I have a feeling by the time budgets get approved... it'll just be the same situation in reverse. We'll get CS5 and downgrade for the CS4 people. *sighs*

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 24, 2010, 10:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Adobe is such a ripoff. Seriously it's like paying $1000 for a frickin 10 year old game with a new mod or map pack. What a load of crap.

Some of the computers in my department were just upgraded to CS4. We are still waiting for "approval" to upgrade the rest so we can all be on the same platform, since right now the CS4 people have to downsave their InDesign docs for us CS3 people. But I have a feeling by the time budgets get approved... it'll just be the same situation in reverse. We'll get CS5 and downgrade for the CS4 people. *sighs*
Between CS3 and CS4, I'd say Photoshop had a big improvement in terms of the burn and dodge tool
Indesign became usable at CS3. Since I'm getting academic CS4 for cheap I don't mind upgrading to CS5 later on
Old March 24, 2010, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Better Burn & Dodge tool? Are you kidding me. Dude I have been using Photoshop for over 10 years and although there have been slight improvements here and there... most of the "features" they cram into this package are pure fluff to sell you a new copy. Some of the more recent 64bit support would be a worthy upgrade reason... a better Dodge tool o.0 I think not.

InDesign became usable at CS3? I have been using it since V1 and although V1 was terribly buggy it quickly became better than Quark and don't even get me started about Pain Maker.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 24, 2010, 10:36 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of major change in CS5? It was either 64-bit or multi-threading, I don't recall... Anyone?
Old March 24, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

CS4 has native 64 bit support on Windows only. No idea what the roadmap is for CS5 or Mac, haven't really been paying attention.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old March 24, 2010, 12:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Better Burn & Dodge tool? Are you kidding me. Dude I have been using Photoshop for over 10 years and although there have been slight improvements here and there... most of the "features" they cram into this package are pure fluff to sell you a new copy. Some of the more recent 64bit support would be a worthy upgrade reason... a better Dodge tool o.0 I think not.
Yes the burn and dodge became better because of Protect Tones. I'm not saying that made CS4 worth the upgrade alone.

Quote:
InDesign became usable at CS3? I have been using it since V1 and although V1 was terribly buggy it quickly became better than Quark and don't even get me started about Pain Maker.
What do you think I meant by "usable"? Terribly buggy isn't something I'd exactly consider useable. Each to their own though. But yeah, much better than Quark!

CS5 for Mac will have 64bit support as far as I've heard.
Old March 24, 2010, 12:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think by InDesign 1.5 most bugs were actually worked out. And by the time CS1 came along InDesign was as stable and full featured as any other Adobe product. I mean if frickin Photoshop is still able to come out the gate each new version with all kinds of bugs, you can hardly scoff at the InDesign team. Imo the InDesign team are probably the only real forward thinking, value added improvement thinkers left at Adobe.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old March 24, 2010, 12:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I think by InDesign 1.5 most bugs were actually worked out. And by the time CS1 came along InDesign was as stable and full featured as any other Adobe product. I mean if frickin Photoshop is still able to come out the gate each new version with all kinds of bugs, you can hardly scoff at the InDesign team. Imo the InDesign team are probably the only real forward thinking, value added improvement thinkers left at Adobe.
Yeah InDesign definitely had the most amount of improvements in the amount of versions it's had. CS5 should be interesting.