Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2010, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Yes, absolutely. You can perform operations on individual partitions without affecting others.
So, if I have multiple drives in my system, I can get the install disc to align/format a particular drive of my choosing? Right?
Old March 17, 2010, 11:12 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
So, if I have multiple drives in my system, I can get the install disc to align/format a particular drive of my choosing? Right?
Right.
Old March 17, 2010, 11:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Mister Larry....just purchased a W7 64 Bit OEM and installed it on my SSD in m Notebook, as Zero stated all partition options are thier.....Activation went without a hitch, installed Asus Drivers from Asus Notebook Driver Disc....smooooth sailing!!

Old March 18, 2010, 12:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Right.
Thanks.

By chance, do you know the answer to this queston?:

Quote:
I also was wondering whether you can install files and programs that were created in XP to a drive that was formated NTFS using Windows 7. Any implications there?
I read that XP Mode is required for some programs but that's only for apps/programs that are only compatible with XP, right? They are most likely to be older progs, I guess?

Files created in XP should easily run in Windows 7 most of the time?
Old March 18, 2010, 05:07 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Any files from XP will work fine in Windows 7 providing you have programs capable of opening them. And most programs that run in XP will run in Windows 7 as well.