Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2010, 05:22 PM
MVP

Default Undelete program

Is there a program out there that will show me files that I deleted a while back? I don't want to recover them, I just want to see what the files were. I mistakingly delete a bunch of Fringe episodes because I figure I wouldn't bother to continue to watching the show again. And now I want to see which episodes I had, so i know ones I haven't seen.

"The peppers fired a warning shot. Some were so loud and echoing that I was later told a few folks in
other aisles had ducked, fearing that someone was robbing the store and firing off a shotgun."
Old February 24, 2010, 08:33 AM
Allstar

You are looking for Hard Drive data recovery system. A quick google might lead you to some free or testing versions. There are good softwares where the trial version allows you to see the files but not recover them. This might be what you are looking for. However, i have no knowledge at all to tell you which software to get. Others may have good suggestions, just wait a bit.

Old February 24, 2010, 11:05 AM
Allstar
F@H

Freeware File Recovery Programs

I don't remember which one I used but it worked really good. I accidentally deleted some vacation videos and photos and was able to recover some of them, about 90%, using one of those. It will give you options when it found something.

Old February 24, 2010, 04:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_pulse View Post
Is there a program out there that will show me files that I deleted a while back? I don't want to recover them, I just want to see what the files were. I mistakingly delete a bunch of Fringe episodes because I figure I wouldn't bother to continue to watching the show again. And now I want to see which episodes I had, so i know ones I haven't seen.
The only way I could see that possible is if you haven't rewritten over the files once you deleted them, then you could use a recovery program to check.

Another way (more likely to fail) is maybe, and I say -maybe- if you check the "history" of the windows explorer in the good directory you could potentially see the name of the files/folders of the shows show up there.

Else than that I would have to say that you are out of luck :(