Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Worth the Upgrade..? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/28704-worth-upgrade.html)

r0k0 February 8, 2010 11:02 AM

Worth the Upgrade..?

Hey, I've got on my main Hard drive Vista Ultimate x86, and i've installed on a Spare HDD W7 Ultimate x64 and i've installed games but they dont appear in the menu or desktop.. i have to go directly into the x86 program files folder..

this is annoying... should i just get W7 Ultimate x86 and miss out on the extra 700mb of ram ?

but i gotta say that W7 is very fast compared to Vista..!

i know the windows experience index aint a benchmark.. but from Vista i had max 6.9 on cpu and the score was 5.9 because of my har drive... its still is but all the other are at 7.2-7.3 in W7 x64 lol

gingerbee February 8, 2010 11:27 AM

create short cuts and put them on your toolbar or desktop. problem solved no upgrade need

LarkStarr February 8, 2010 12:06 PM

wait, what?

I dont get your problem.

where are these games installed? on what operating system? what is your primary operating system? do you even have two operating systems for a reason?

r0k0 February 8, 2010 03:54 PM

i only have 1 OS.. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and in the C: drive theirs " Programs Files" and "Programs Files ( x86 )"

MarkOne February 8, 2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0k0 (Post 330783)
i only have 1 OS.. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and in the C: drive theirs " Programs Files" and "Programs Files ( x86 )"

it's normal with X64 os the software that does not run in 64 bits go in the x86 directory.

r0k0 February 8, 2010 04:08 PM

ok cool.. can you explain 1 thing tho.. on my nefew's computer i just built.. i installed Mass Effect and Made Man.. both wont run...

MarkOne February 8, 2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0k0 (Post 330799)
ok cool.. can you explain 1 thing tho.. on my nefew's computer i just built.. i installed Mass Effect and Made Man.. both wont run...

start with downloading the direct x from Microsoft. especially if you use Vista 64 bits or Win7 64 bits use the admin Install at the bottom of the page . I pass a lot of time to figure the Webinstall do not work with my windows 7 :angry2::angry2:

this is the admin install, download, right click and choose run as admin

Download details: DirectX Redist (August 2009)

r0k0 February 8, 2010 09:31 PM

updated the game and works now.. lol

r0k0 February 9, 2010 07:03 PM

Steam on my main computer will not work for some reason.. it worked when i installed, tryed playing a game.. didnt boot.. then after that i restarted the pc.. now it say connecting to r0k0 then the image appears in the bottom of the screen. when i click it, it doesnt pop up.. or i cannot load any games...

says i need to be connected to steam in order to play