Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2006, 06:49 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Default eTrust Anti-Virus any good?

I friend told me about this virus scanner that I hadn't heard of before.

http://home2.ca.com/DRHM/servlet/Con...uctID=50698000

He says it's quite good. I'm a NOD32 guy so I havn't tried it yet. Anyone have any experiences with this program?
Old November 11, 2006, 01:20 AM
Misoprostol

Sorry Gav, I can't say I've tried it. I've been hooked on AVG ever since the first time I gave it a go. I haven't had a virus that I couldn't deal with in ages.
Old February 13, 2007, 12:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

eTrust EZ Armor is garbage. I work for an ISP that offers it free to it's customer's. Computer Associates (CA) just took a POS anti-virus from a company going out of business, reskinned it and called EZ Anti-Virus. If you look at the EZ Firewall it's just an old version of ZoneAlarm Pro. Get AVG, it's far more superior than anything CA puts out.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old March 2, 2007, 05:27 PM
Rookie

I have to admit but scared to say it but i got a free copy of CA anti virus from work and decided to throw it on the wifes laptop just to check it out. GARBAGE it is now a coaster on the coffee table.The overhead on this app was crazy which was another reason i removed it. AVG still top notch but i was having licensing issues were it would not allow me to install newer versions which was sad as i ran AVG for the longest time. So now i run my free Pc-Illin and it picks up everything only thing i don't like is how it wants to delete all my cookies at times which is cool but for me i hate to re input my credentials for logging into sites.
Old March 19, 2007, 10:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i am not sure why you guys have had such a bad experience with computer associates. We use e-trust (i think it's the enterprise version) and it works fine. I mean we can't block against user stupidity....or can we hmmm. but at home i prefer to use either avg free or avast both are pretty decent.