Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13, 2010, 11:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default google calendars - questions

Google calendars seem to be eluding me currently. So I would just like to throw a few questions out there.

I have Outlook 2007, and the best way to sync seems to be google's sync tool, but it only supports 1 account and that is a problem as I have multiple gmail accounts (personal/work/etc.). Are there better alternatives, I like outlook, been using for a long time now, and I would prefer to keep it but I do not know the alternatives and if they are better. And by that I mean i've been using outlook for email more or less,

And continuing, I want to easily be able to look at my different calendars at the same time on one calendar and be able to have them color coded. My phone can do this, not exactly sure why outlook cant. I can look at several calendars side by side but thats not acceptable.

I would like to be able to edit my calendars from outlook (desktop) and have them sync back and forth saving changes and what not.

Basically, I want my email/calendar client to operate like my phone, outlook isnt doing this right now, is there anything that does?
Old January 14, 2010, 04:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

there may be other better apps out there for synchornizing with outlook but i am not sure if they are free. I personally don't like outlook (i find the interface infuriatingly slow). I prefer to use Thunderbird with Lightning and the Google calender provider.