Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 9, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have yet to have any issues with 4 Gb of RAM, and it's definitely worth considering if you're jumping to Vista x64.

I was crashing Supreme Commander constantly in skirmish mode, until I forced the OS to allow it more than 2 Gb of memory to work with. By most accounts, the game is coded reasonably well, but with limits of up to 1000 units per player, and battlefield dimensions rightfully measured in kilometers, that all had to be stored somewhere...
Old October 9, 2007, 07:05 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Im addicted to 4GB, I almost cry every day when I sit at work with a P4 and 1Gb mem.
Old October 10, 2007, 06:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I had a new issue last night with my sound card, but after downloading a fix from Auzentech specifically aimed at problems when running 4GB, all is well. Hard to say if the OS is to blame since it seems that the hardware drivers and software is what's causing these issues with poor coding.
Old October 10, 2007, 09:46 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
I had a new issue last night with my sound card, but after downloading a fix from Auzentech specifically aimed at problems when running 4GB, all is well. Hard to say if the OS is to blame since it seems that the hardware drivers and software is what's causing these issues with poor coding.
4GB tends to not play well with Creative's stuff. I got my Audigy 2 ZS working with 4GB, EAX, and 5.1 after quite a bit of work, there's no documentation to the process anywhere online.

The fix for getting Creative X-Fi's working with 4GB is to use the Auzentech drivers.