Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2009, 02:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Sun VirtualBox

Been trying to run the game client on Sun VirtualBox(OS: XP Home) and that error message popped up. It was also telling me that the game is running on 32bits resolution and that i should change from 16bits to 32bits for better performance.
Clicked and tired everything, the client runs but at a very very slow speed. So slow that it sort of would never go on... Need advise on this. Thanks!
Old December 25, 2009, 03:35 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

What are your system specs? To use an accelerated VM, you need a CPU that supports hardware virtualization and you need it enabled in the BIOS.
Old December 26, 2009, 11:41 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
What are your system specs? To use an accelerated VM, you need a CPU that supports hardware virtualization and you need it enabled in the BIOS.
Have just updated my specs in the profile please take a look. Thanks!

Last edited by PuB_Evo; December 26, 2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old December 26, 2009, 01:22 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Alright, your CPU does support hardware virtualization, but have you checked to make sure that it is enabled in the BIOS? And if all of that is set up and you're still getting poor performance, that may be simply due to the fact that VirtualBox doesn't perform very well compared to VMWare, for example.
Old December 26, 2009, 03:28 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
but have you checked to make sure that it is enabled in the BIOS?
Can i get a step by step on how to go about checking?
Old December 26, 2009, 04:10 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuB_Evo View Post
Can i get a step by step on how to go about checking?
Just go through your BIOS, look for an option that has something to do with virtualization, and make sure it's enabled. Shouldn't need a guide for that.
Old December 27, 2009, 01:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Just go through your BIOS, look for an option that has something to do with virtualization, and make sure it's enabled. Shouldn't need a guide for that.
Sorry, i need a step by step guide in doing this. Never done it before and dont wana risk just incase i change something i shouldnt.
Old December 27, 2009, 01:19 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

When you have your vm open, look under devices in the top left menu and select "Guest Additions". Go through the installation and you should be able to use hardware acceleration. By default, Sun's vm doesn't provide good graphic support but this addition does (even though its beta) and works for me without any glitches.

E8400@3.0Ghz - Gigabyte EP45 UD3L - OCZ 4GB PC2-8500 DDR2 - Sapphire 5750 512MB - 5 Seagate HD 500GB - Plextor 712A DVD-RW - CM HAF 922
Old December 27, 2009, 06:37 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Direct3D is now enabled. The issue is on when i run the game client it wasnt a problem, the problem comes up only after i pick my charater and loads in-world. The client just crashes each time i do that.
Updating the downloaded DirectX or the graphic card's driver disk would both remove the Direct3D option.

Any ideas what do i do next? Need advise.