Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16, 2009, 09:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default ATI catalyst's image scaling options

I just finished intalling Windows 7. I Used the latest ATI drivers and, when I went to set the display scaling setting of my choice, I found the controles greyed out

Where do I start? Does anyone else have this issue? I was using Vista ultimate just the other day and it was available there!
Old December 17, 2009, 05:54 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

What resolution are your trying to run at? There are slight differences between Vista and Win 7 when it comes to the way they handle overscan / underscan and if the drivers aren't written properly, there will be issues.

Also, which ATI drivers? 9.10 or 9.11? If so, the 9.12 drivers which will be released today should fix the issue or you could go to 9.9 or 9.8.
Old December 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Driver 9.11, resolution 1680 x 1050. The resolution is fine though. It is when playing games that are not the same aspect ratio where I have the problem. The option to not scale the image is not available, it's greyed out :(

I am gonna try your suggestions though. 9.12 and, if that doesn't fix the problem, gonna try the older ones. Thanks Sky!
Old December 18, 2009, 10:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Had to set a different resolution, to find one that allowed custom settings. Then I set my setting of choice.

After that, I set it back to 1680 x 1050 (my native resolution). The option became greyed out againg and back to the default setting. But when I change the resolution to anything other than the native resolution, it uses the custom setting set by me.

I guess that is how they set it up to work. I find it just overly complicates a general setting. They should drop that greyed out at native resolution because it don't sclae bit. No point :|

I hope that is clear.
Old December 19, 2009, 11:10 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
Had to set a different resolution, to find one that allowed custom settings. Then I set my setting of choice.

After that, I set it back to 1680 x 1050 (my native resolution). The option became greyed out againg and back to the default setting. But when I change the resolution to anything other than the native resolution, it uses the custom setting set by me.

I guess that is how they set it up to work. I find it just overly complicates a general setting. They should drop that greyed out at native resolution because it don't sclae bit. No point :|

I hope that is clear.
P.S. That done while using CCC 9.12.