Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2009, 08:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Best FREE video recording software?

Hey it's me again. I know about the free version of FRAPS but I hear that it has lots of crapware that comes with it. Should I just bite the bullet and pay for the full version of it or is there free stuff out there that compares? I think this is the right place to put this

Thanks again HWCers
Old December 14, 2009, 06:55 AM
MVP

If you're looking for a screen-recording software, I'd recommend CamStudio. I've used it and it works fairly well, but it may or may not be perfect for you. I'd say give it a try.

I'd still recommend downloading FRAPS though, it's a great program for monitoring framerates.
Old December 14, 2009, 08:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ah, what I'm looking for is something to record demos of games. Will Cam studio work for that? I'll definitely check it out if it does.
Old December 14, 2009, 08:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Game Cam.
Wegame.

I didn't try them but I heard that they're OK.
Old December 14, 2009, 08:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Alright thanks I'll check them out.
Old December 14, 2009, 08:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepizza View Post
Hey it's me again. I know about the free version of FRAPS but I hear that it has lots of crapware that comes with it. Should I just bite the bullet and pay for the full version of it or is there free stuff out there that compares? I think this is the right place to put this

Thanks again HWCers
For recording games, if you don't like Fraps, you can try Gamecam(free) or ZD screen recorder.
For recording some software tutorials, I think screen recorder like DemoCreator is great.