Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok well after many days and many attempts to update the adata ssd i am still no where i have tried 5 different dos boot loaders and i even tried the windows 7 boot loader no luck at all. Getting pissed about this considering all my other indilinx ssd have had there firmware updated. and i know how to use dos as most people would say i have update all kinds of things this way but for some reason these just don't want to do it so i may be selling them local only though so if there any problems with them i can return them ahhhhggg i am so pissed about this. my rant for ssd's are over thank ha ha
Old December 13, 2009, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok big question?? Has anyone here every made a dos boot "dvd" only. Cause i have tried everything. and before you guys run to google and say here this works. does it really you have used it and had success because i know how to use cmd line and i know how to make a dos boot cd i just can not make a dos boot "dvd" and really don't want to buy a cd just for this.
I don't need cd's anymore for anything else even bios flashing or anything all my installs are done through usb same with flashing.
I am down to my last dvd. oh no
Hell i even tried to run it in cmd right in windows no go. tried making usb stick boot-able and tried it that way. ( first time i tried off of dvd )
Old December 13, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

tbh the only real boot cd/dvd i ever had luck with is a orig. win98se disc. when all else failed..i was booting to dos for different purpose though .

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old December 13, 2009, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
ok big question?? Has anyone here every made a dos boot "dvd" only. Cause i have tried everything. and before you guys run to google and say here this works. does it really you have used it and had success because i know how to use cmd line and i know how to make a dos boot cd i just can not make a dos boot "dvd" and really don't want to buy a cd just for this.
I don't need cd's anymore for anything else even bios flashing or anything all my installs are done through usb same with flashing.
I am down to my last dvd. oh no
Hell i even tried to run it in cmd right in windows no go. tried making usb stick boot-able and tried it that way. ( first time i tried off of dvd )
I really dont understand why it wont work off a USB key. DOS is DOS regardless how you chose to boot it.

Are you sure you're booting from the right device? USB keys are classified as HARD DISKS under boot options, make sure your BIOS is selecting the right boot device under hard disks. Or alternatively select it with the quick boot option (escape on my mobo, yours will be different, its F10 iirc for Gigabyte)

Check this out to make a "USB floppy" BIOS Flashing Guide :: USB Stick BIOS Flash for X58 SLI... (Credit to our own 3oh6!)
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old December 13, 2009, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sorry sagath i thought i said i do all my installs and every thing from usb i know what i am doing.been doing it this way for years and yes on all my system's there under hd and you just change the boot order. I have tried this on many systems in my house to make sure and still no joy.
I can't figure out why I can't just setup a usb to boot and load the files on it. all ready tried that too

I know how to use cmd and no matter what boot i have tried no go 98 was the first i went with.

to be honesty i am just getting a little pissed that they have some how made it this hard.( or it's messed up I can't find anyone who has been able to do it or not ) thank guys/gals for any/all help this should be an easy boot but i always get no boot because of error on the disk or when i do get it to boot up with a dos that works when i run fwupdate.exe nothing happens at all hell sometimes dos will not see the usb.

we need a ripping your hair out smiley ha ha

Last edited by gingerbee; December 13, 2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old December 15, 2009, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok finally got this crap to work. I guess 30th times the charm ha ha. don't follow there instructions cause wow it is so much easier then they say. and yes sagath i finally got it to work the way all of us thought it should used this boot tool and finally it works ( I have never used tools to make usb's bootable before always just dos ) How to format a USB memory key
Attached Images

Old December 15, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

not too sure why but i think all the images i was using before would not work from a dvd. happy again cause there fast