Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
but the Cut2D will import the .dwg right ? , the problem may be the watermark that came with it
Vcarve will use the *.dwg yes. Im unsure if Vcarve shows the watermark tbh, as Zero said, I think that is just for plotting that the watermark shows. I can ask my buddy and get back to you, but we both have full AutoCAD 2009 Copies so it might be difficult to watermark them .

If youre going to get the student version to learn CAD anyways, then I think the watermark is of minimal concern. Learn CAD, use something for G-code, and go from there.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old December 7, 2009, 08:39 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I guess it'S you who don't understand... I said I will export the drawing in a software like cut2D , not directly in the CNC . my friend have the software to generate the code , I just need to bring him a drawing in .dwg
Actually you didn't say that you'd be generating the code from a DWG. From your posts I thought you were going to use the DWG to do the milling directly, which obviously isn't possible.

I'm not sure, but I think the watermark might only be generated when you actually try and print a drawing, so you might not have to worry about that anyway. I suggest that you go and download the trial version of AutoCAD to see how it actually deals with applying the watermark so you know what you actually have to worry about.
Old December 7, 2009, 08:58 PM
Banned
F@H

Ya in my first post I said use the .dwg in the cnc,, I should have write, " is those water mark .dwg can be use in a CNC ? " I skip the conversion because I know I will put them in my friend pc not in is CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Actually you didn't say that you'd be generating the code from a DWG. From your posts I thought you were going to use the DWG to do the milling directly, which obviously isn't possible.
Old December 7, 2009, 09:13 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

You said you were going to use the DWG with CNC milling, but you didn't say anything about how you were planning to convert it to code first. That's why I was confused. Anyway, even if the watermark is included in the DWG (I don't think it will be), it should still be fairly easy to just not include that when you make the tool paths in whatever CAM software you and your friend will be using.
Old December 8, 2009, 04:12 PM
Banned
F@H

Look like a find a free solution, today I was at a customer place, a civil engineer, he give me a full retail version of AutoCAD 2000 , + 5 Books . I just finish installing it on my e8400 with Windows XP. So for a wild I will make my learning on this one.