Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2009, 04:19 AM
Banned
F@H

The other that p... me off it's the need to install a download manager just to install adobe... and thos anoying upgrade that pop up all the time.
Old December 6, 2009, 10:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I removed Foxit from my computer yesterday. The integrated updater completely munged the program and when I deleted it and reinstalled fresh it would not play nice with UAC. After putting up with its eccentricities for a couple years that was the last straw.

The Foxit company sells a complete suite of applications that supposedly do all the document creation that the official Adobe software is supposed to do. They both seem to have lost track of the normal user while chasing the high value customers. Maybe I am an unusual consumer since all I want to do is read the document quickly and easily.

I have switched to something called Sumatra PDF. I wonder how long it will take that to suck.
Old December 6, 2009, 07:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've been using Foxit since forever. I'd be curious of anyone has found any other relatively slim and fast booting pdf-readers.