Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
HaDeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_man View Post
I get it, I believe you. Does not mean I'm going to just give up on the idea though.
I think Zero has stated the obvious... why not try to make it work in win7 before you waste huge amounts of time. Someone else mentioned that ATI physx were abandoned so I guess ATI users will game without it.
Old December 4, 2009, 05:25 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I thought I already mentioned that windows 7 is going to happen for me one way or another. Oh well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fighting anything. I enjoy the concept of making things work when it's not supposed to.

Does know one like a challenge anymore?
Old December 4, 2009, 05:32 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_man View Post
Does know one like a challenge anymore?
This isn't a challenge. This is like getting into a fight with a slab of concrete. Only one way it's going to end, and it isn't going to be with you coming out on top.
Old December 4, 2009, 05:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

That's the beauty about me, I might just except such a challenge.

I'll raise you a 12 gauge plate on top of the concrete slab for kicks.
Old December 4, 2009, 05:52 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Alright, go ahead and give it a shot. Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.
Old December 4, 2009, 05:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Concrete slab hurts the fist I can tell you that much.
Old December 15, 2009, 09:57 AM
Rookie

Hi,

It seems this topic is answer to the problem I have. I have an AMD based mainboard (MSI K9A2 CF) and a Nvidia based videocard (XFX Geforce 9600 GT) and I can't update my video driver anymore, when I do so, I get freezes when gaming. Last good working Nvidia driver is 186.18 after that I get freezes. I contacted Nvidia about this, but they give me the mushroom treatment. I don't care if Nvidia and AMD are fighting a war against each other, but I do care if they fight it out with consumers pulling the short straw. By the way, I also get PhysX errors recently, while I have latest PhysX drivers from Nvidia.
Old December 15, 2009, 10:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

AMD boards with Nvidia graphics has never been an issue. It seems to me (if you do have the latest drivers) there is a chance your graphics card has bit the dust. Uninstall all the drivers and reload them after rebooting. Once that is done, turn PhysX OFF. Run your game. If no errors, turn PhysX on and run the game again. If all Is wonderful you had a crummy driver installation. If still no worky, Look into RMA. lol

And this topic was about using ATI graphics cards with a Nvidia card being it's physX accelerator while using Vista.

For those whom may be curious, I have not yet succeeded in getting the Nvidia card running PhysX, but I have had luck in getting the card to be read at the same time.
Won't see the card as a display device for some odd reason though... Odd that would happen by mistake since that's what I wanted it to do.
Old December 15, 2009, 10:37 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBahn View Post
Hi,

It seems this topic is answer to the problem I have. I have an AMD based mainboard (MSI K9A2 CF) and a Nvidia based videocard (XFX Geforce 9600 GT) and I can't update my video driver anymore, when I do so, I get freezes when gaming. Last good working Nvidia driver is 186.18 after that I get freezes. I contacted Nvidia about this, but they give me the mushroom treatment. I don't care if Nvidia and AMD are fighting a war against each other, but I do care if they fight it out with consumers pulling the short straw. By the way, I also get PhysX errors recently, while I have latest PhysX drivers from Nvidia.
That has nothing to do with this. There are no conflicts between AMD chipset drivers and nVidia graphics drivers. The only issues occur when you try and use ATI and nVidia display drivers at the same time under Windows Vista.
Old December 15, 2009, 10:41 AM
MVP

My System Specs

My Arch Enemy "Zero82z" is absolutely right like I mentioned already.