Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2009, 12:35 AM
Trial Member

Default Windows 7, Vista Black Eternity & HP laptop...

Hi everybody..I really screwed up I'm afraid- I have an HP DV9927CL Entertainment Laptop that came with Vista Home Premium...I upgraded to 7 without checking to see if my machine supports it, and it doesn't, so I installed a version of Vista Black Eternity in the place of the Home Premium...it screwed up my laptop: no functioning USB ports, no LAN, no network adapter, and I really didn't like the OS at all, so I went back to 7 just so I could get on the internet and download a regular version of Vista, which I did, and upon attempting to install the drivers, my machine fell into a "loop" and it won't boot up at all now- it boots off the Vista disc, and I've tried all the repair options therein- I know, I'm an idiot...is there anything I can do just to get back to good 'ol Vista like it used to be? Oh yeah, all my data's been "lost", but oddly, my drives are still packed with...something, I just can't get to it...thanks a million, drumlicks
Old December 1, 2009, 02:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Use ultimate boot cd (UBCD) and wipe your drive. Reinstall your vista, then install whatever drivers you need from the manufacturer's website.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)