Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2009, 07:04 AM
MVP

My System Specs

To the OP -

Beware pop-ups! I innadvertantly clicked on one of those types of pop-ups 5 years or so ago and it took me about 10 hours in the registry using manual instructions for removal on the Norton website to get rid of it. I was not a happy camper I tell ya.

Re: Antiviurs -

I have made the swith to Windows Security Essentials. I find that it's very light and unobtrusive. As well, being developped by the Microsoft, it would stand to reason that it should be pretty nimble in respects to responding to changing threats since they have access to their own code all the time. So, as it stands, it's WIN for Windows Security Essentials in my book.

Cheers!
Essential_Canuck :)