Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2009, 08:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default TechNet Subscription Expiry Date and Activation

Just bought my TechNet Subscription and it seems that I have access to the download page for Microsoft products already! I guess my account is active. Now the funny thing...

The expiration date of my subscription is 1/1/1900.
Old September 30, 2009, 08:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Awesome. Can I catch a ride on the time machine with you?
System Spec Peripherals: Corsair H70 cpu cooler (w/ 2 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans) | Zalman MFC3 fan controller | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium kb | Steelseries Sensei mouse | Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers | SteelSeries SX mouse surface
For the real serious stuff: 2.53GHz Mac Mini | 4GB DDR3 1066 RAM | 320GB HDD | Samsung P2250 (x2) | Apple Magic Mouse | Apple Magic Trackpad | Apple Wireless KB | Drobo FS 6.5TB
Laptops: Dell XPS M1530 | Asus G74SX-DH71
Surface Pro 128GB
Old September 30, 2009, 09:20 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

It always says that at first :)
Give it a day or three (mine took a week!) and it will then start showing your proper expiration date.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old September 30, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

But the subscription IS active I believe. I'm going to try downloading Windows 7 RTM today and use up all my remaining bandwidth.
Old September 30, 2009, 04:28 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

yup your subscription is active....but (IIRC and I may be wrong this is 3rd hand information) where technet is available internationally, banking can take a few days. so to protect themselves against fruad all the S/Ns can be automatically voided because of the invalid date associated with them. When they are positive they have your money they change it and the S/Ns are automatically whitelisted. You CAN activate in this period BUT sometimes things go south and the activation fails due to this "safety feature". Sneaky yet Lazy SOBs ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old September 30, 2009, 04:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ah it's ok. I won't install Windows 7 for a couple days.

I'm just deciding which version to download first, as I have only like 3GB left of my 60GB bandwidth. I'm probably going to get 64 bit, but I dunno which one. I'm leaning towards Professional, as long as I get Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language support.
Old September 30, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry to thread jack, but just curious, what exactly do you get with Technet and for how much ? for how long ?
Old September 30, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...hnet-come.html

Also, when I meant language support, I meant Display language, so Windows can show the Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters with no problem. I don't need to change the language of Windows itself.