Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2009, 10:24 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Default Computer has trouble sleeping

Hey, first off I donno if this is the ideal location to post my problem. Anyways getting right to it, I've had this problem for awhile, but I usually just leave my computer on so it hasn't really affected me much. However I will be moving to residence next year so I will need to sleep the computer quite frequently.

So here's the problem, when I sleep my computer...it won't wake up. The fans will spin for a bit like its trying to post and then it will shut itself off and repeat. The only way to stop this cycle is to turn the power off for 5 secs or so and then turn it back on. It will then spin the fans for a much shorter time before powering itself down and then when it tries again it will boot up fine. The same thing happens when the power goes out due to a storm. Also, when I stick in 2 extra Gb of ram, it'll be fine initially, but whenever it looses power for any reason the same thing will happen. In this case however, I have to yank 2 of the sticks out and let it post, then restart it and put them back in. Seeing how this will become quite inconvenient if I have to do it daily, does anyone know of any permanent solution to this? I know it's a pretty vague explanation, so feel free to ask questions. Thanks!
Old August 24, 2009, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Could you please post your specs of your PC? There are a few motherboards that have this issue.
Old August 24, 2009, 04:49 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Yep,

Mobo: gigabyte UD3P P45
GPU: XFX 9800 GX2
CPU: Q6600
RAM: 2x1 transcend axeram 1200, 2x1 buffalo firestix
PSU: Corsair HX 520
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 320, 250 WD Caviar 500

lots of fans and lights

I should point out that this same issue has happened with both my Dfi DK P35/P45